Geo Domain News
- Fulham.org.uk sells for not very much at all really
- UK geodomain winter roundup
- Western Isles.co.uk sold
- Hove actually
- Truro.com an absolute bargain
- Maidstone.com sells for $12,000
- Broadstairs.net changes hands
- Grimsby more popular than Motherwell
- Some FTR available county geo domains
- Easter Geodomain Update
- Geodomain sales update
- Geodomain Glasgow.biz sold
- Wiltshire.org.uk sold at Sedo
- Scilly Isles sold for a pittance
- Several cities change hands
- Wales.org.uk comes up for auction
- Oxfordshire.co.uk sold at auction
- Chelmsford.org.uk sold
- Big set of county domain sales this week
- A couple of geo domain sales at Domain Lore
- Grimsby.biz – a drop in the ocean?
- Purchase of KingsCross.co.uk
- Gwynedd.co.uk up for auction this week
Category Archives: Geo domain opinion
The geo-domain name Fulham.org.uk was sold on Domain Lore last week. The price – a tiny £50, with just one bid. I was a little surprised. But the main difficulty in getting London geodomains to rank, even with quite good websites, is that there is just so much competition. Think of all the websites which […]
There was a nice geodomain sale at DomainLore today – Hove.co.uk – just up the road from me along the Sussex coast. If you don’t know Hove, it’s a pretty cool place, but doomed forever to live in the shadow of its noisy neighbour Brighton. Although Hove has lots of interesting things to do in […]
This week the geodomain Truro.com changed hands at Sedo. And the price was an absolute steal – just $2,250. Truro is a beautiful place in Cornwall with a really thriving tourist industry. This should make a great domain for a tourism-related website.
Grimsby – the home of the fish finger – is more popular than Motherwell….at least when it comes to domain name auctions. Grimsby.org.uk was one of a pair of UK geodomains auctioned yesterday at DomainLore. It fetched £70 – not enough to push the boat out and a bargain for the purchaser, despite Grimsby not […]
DNJournal is reporting that the geodomain Glasgow.biz sold this week for USD 1,125. I don’t have much further information on this, but the domain would clearly make a great Glasgow business directory, with plenty of scope for getting search traffic from long term phrases. And although most domain investors sneer at .biz domains, it will […]
One geodomain recently offered for sale at Sedo which I missed was Wiltshire.org.uk. I would have fancied a bid at that if I had noticed that it was for sale. Anyway, the domain sold for £350 with one bidder, which seems pretty good value. As always however, building out county geo-websites takes a huge amount […]
Commentary on the low price achieved by the sale of the geodomain ScillyIsles.org.uk when it was sold at auction in November 2011.
Notes on the forthcoming auction of Wales.org.uk
Notes on the purchase of the geodomain Oxfordshire.co.uk.
Notes on the sale of the domains BenNevis.co.uk and Bloxwich.co.uk.